The Wisconsin Center for Educational Research (WCER) is pleased to announce the availability of a scholarship for the National Career Development Association’s Facilitating Career Development Training that is offered on the University of Wisconsin–Madison campus. One scholarship will be offered for the Summer 2020 class and one will be offered for the Fall 2020 class.
Each $500 scholarship can be used to assist with the cost of tuition (The total cost of tuition is $1450 and the cost of books is approximately $300.) Scholarship applications will be accepted until May 1st for the Summer Class and until August 1st for the Fall class. The scholarship funds will be applied directly to the cost of the course. Monies will not be distributed to the recipients.
The Review Committee will consider the following factors when selecting a recipient:
- Clear and convincing description of the value of this professional development experience to you and your students/clients or colleagues
- A description of your intentions to share information, new skills, and knowledge with your colleagues, students, or clients.
Instructions for Application
Please submit the follwing in an email to Judy Ettinger
Attach a file (Word file or PDF), that includes:
- Name, Title, Place of Employment
- Why is this course important to you and how will it improve your effectiveness in the field of career development? (Please limit your response to two paragraphs.)
- As part of the scholarship, we want to know how you will be sharing the information from the course with your colleagues, students, or clients. In a few paragraphs please describe activities you plan to engage in after the training.
- Prepare a one-page resume or blurb that details your past accomplishments as they relate to the course competencies.
- 1-2 letters of recommendation from a coworker, colleague, supervisor, or someone who is familiar with your personal and career goals.
Deadlines for Submission
Summer Class: May 1, 2020
Fall Class: August 1, 2020
Questions? Contact Dr. Judy Ettinger at email@example.com